Submissions for the 2013 City Press Book Award Now Open
The second annual City Press Book Award is now open for submissions of “an original work of South African nonfiction, focused on an issue of importance or a significant person”.
The award of R60 000 is made on an annual basis to an author to fund the research for a nonfiction book on a subject of importance in the South African context.
- Relevance: Should add to our understanding of South African society, history and politics
- Independence: Should be unafraid to investigate uncomfortable or difficult issues
- Credibility: the quality of the research and information should be impeccable
- Readability: The book should be accessible with good quality writing
Applications by authors must include the following:
- One page description of book on why the subject is significant in the South African context
- Draft table of contents
- At least one chapter
- Author CV
Submissions must be in by 30 April 2013 and you can download the entry form here.